Joe Johnson Equipment Donates to Community Food Banks of Canada and Feeding America
Jason Hannah, Michael Rugeroni, Jeff Johnson of JJE and Michelle Runge, Community Relations Manager (Barrie Food Bank)
Joe Johnson Equipment’s Charity of Choice for 2022 was Food Banks of Canada and Feeding America. Our decision to help Food Banks this year had greater significance due to the escalating costs of food and the critical need of Food Banks in our communities.
The Innisfil team was honoured to present a cheque for $10, 387.97, to Michelle Runge, Community Relations Manager. Funds were raised through employee contributions over the year including the golf tournament and other regional events.
“The Food Bank’s mission is to provide temporary food relief to individuals and families of our community in need and to serve as a resource to guide and support them on their journey towards well-being. Monetary donations go a long way for our organization. We can buy in bulk and stock up for all months because temporary relief is a year-round need,” says Runge.
We look forward to supporting a new organization next year.
Below is a list of local Food Banks which have received our donations but could still use more help during this time. Please visit the respective links to learn how you can contribute. The most helpful and safest way to donate is online.
- Barrie Food Bank – https://www.barriefoodbank.org/donating/
- York Region Food Network – https://yrfn.ca/get-involved/financial-donations/
- Metro Food Bank Society – Nova Scotia – https://www.feednovascotia.ca/donate/donate-money
- Moisson Montréal – https://www.moissonmontreal.org/
- Ottawa Food Bank – https://www.ottawafoodbank.ca/donate/
- Winnipeg Harvest Inc. – https://winnipegharvest.org/covid-19/covid-19-special-appeal/
- Calgary Food Bank – https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/donatefunds/
- Edmonton’s Food Bank – https://www.edmontonsfoodbank.com/ways-give/give-money/
- ROOF Community Services – Rochester – Accepting checks, visit the following page for details: http://www.roofcommunityservices.org/howtohelp.html#donations