JJE Donates to Local Food Banks Across Canada
Food Banks are dedicated to helping those dealing with food insecurity in our communities. The increased uncertainty due to recent events has created an even greater need on the part of both the Food Banks and their clients. JJE has donated $500 from each of our 9 branches to their local food banks across Canada and New York State. These funds will assist individuals and families who need it most right now.
In the US, Federal Signal Corporation, the parent company of JJE, has launched the Student Local Support Initiative. Federal Signal is teaming up to donate to local food banks and restaurants across the US with the goal of providing lunches to students for whom school is the primary source of daily meals.
Below is a list of local food banks which have received our donations but could still use more help during this time. Please visit the respective links to learn how you can contribute. The most helpful and safest way to donate at this time is online.
• Barrie Food Bank – https://www.barriefoodbank.org/donating/
• York Region Food Network – https://yrfn.ca/get-involved/financial-donations/
• Metro Food Bank Society – Nova Scotia – https://www.feednovascotia.ca/donate/donate-money
• Moisson Montréal – https://www.moissonmontreal.org/
• Ottawa Food Bank – https://www.ottawafoodbank.ca/donate/
• Winnipeg Harvest Inc. – https://winnipegharvest.org/covid-19/covid-19-special-appeal/
• Calgary Food Bank – https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/donatefunds/
• Edmonton’s Food Bank – https://www.edmontonsfoodbank.com/ways-give/give-money/
• ROOF Community Services – Rochester – Accepting checks, visit the following page for details: http://www.roofcommunityservices.org/howtohelp.html#donations
Food Banks Canada COVID-19 Response Fund – https://foodbankscanada.akaraisin.com/Donation/Event/Donation
Food Banks Canada (formerly the Canadian Association of Food Banks) is a charitable organization representing the food bank community across Canada. Founded in 1987, Food Banks Canada’s network is made up of 10 Provincial Associations and over 500 local food banks. The organization’s mission is to “enable an effective food bank community that addresses the short term need for food and longer term solutions to reduce hunger in Canada.”