The De-OX Ice Making System is a state-of-the-art technology designed to achieve maximum efficiency. The system is based on the water passing through a portable patented twin membrane vacuum system where all the oxygen is removed from the water before filling the Ice Resurfacer or being applied to the ice. It is a complete water treatment system for all artificial ice rinks and is both economical and ecological, all without the need of chemicals. It produces ice which is harder, faster and more durable, while substantially reducing facilities energy costs.
The system is designed not only for the greatest reliability and safety, but also with environmental concerns as a high priority. The De-OX System will enable you to easily create a green facility and reduce your emissions of carbon dioxide while reducing your facilities carbon footprint. The system allows facility operators to build ice faster and at higher surface temperatures, producing a stronger bond than any other ice making technology while reducing snow development and brittleness caused by ice dehydration.
Benefits of using the JJE De-OX System
All users can benefit from this new ice making technology. Hockey players, figure skaters, speed skaters, arena operators, facility owners, managers and the general public all want ice that is safer, harder, faster, and clearer. The De-OX System has demonstrated to produce higher quality ice, use less heated water and use less energy to manufacture. It has proven to reduce level of injuries to workers that maintain the ice surface, along with fewer potential injuries to users of the ice skating rinks.
• By removing the dissolved oxygen, the De-OX water creates a denser, harder, clearer sheet of ice. Aesthetically, there will be an improvement in the ice clarity so that lines and logos appear sharper and
• The ice is more resistant to chipping, gouging and snow build-up, whether it is used for hockey, figure skating or recreational skating.
Energy Efficient Ice
• The entire ice thickness can be reduced by ½ to 1 inch. The less ice needed to be installed during a season will result in a significant reduction in overall water consumption.
• Using De-OX water for ice making prevents a build-up of trapped gases at the surface during the freezing process. As the surface freezes last, De-OX water requires less energy to freeze. Because of this, the plant can now operate 2 to 3 degrees warmer than it did when regular ice making water was used. For each degree raised in ice temperature, there is an estimated saving in refrigeration costs of about 8%. Even the temperature of the Ice Resurfacer water has been reduced from 160 degrees to 70 degrees, further reducing energy costs.
• De-OX treated water has a lower viscosity and will flow better over the entire ice surface at lower temperatures. By maintaining your ice with De-OX treated water, a facility can save on ice maintenance, labour, refrigeration heat loads, hot water usage and mechanical depreciation.
• The most important aspect of the system is the superior quality of the ice surface. The ice is denser, faster, and clearer than ice made with any other ice making water. The De-OX system helps ensure a high-quality ice regardless of extreme changes in outside temperature, which tend to affect other ice rinks.
Dissolved Oxygen in Boilers
• Corrosion is a chemical process that occurs when metals like iron are oxidized to form compounds like the iron oxides in rust. The dissolved oxygen in boilers will quickly eat away at the metal in the boiler walls - using De-OX water before it enters the boiler will help eliminate the rate of corrosion.
Our innovative design will respond to the contemporary challenges of ice maintenance. Our energy savings methods will also help in today’s increased program demands; longer ice making seasons and rising energy costs.
The JJE De-OX Ice Making System has received some great feedback from our customers. Below is a small preview of what we have been told by Management, staff, ice officials and skaters:
"As a Municipality, we are always looking for ways to use technology to reduce cost and improve our Facilities. After installing the JJE De-OX Ice Making System at the Centennial Community Centre, Town of Markham, we have experienced a denser, clearer ice surface with less snow build up.
We have noticed a faster set up time after resurfacing even during the warmer months. By reducing the heat load from our floods we can maintain higher ice surface temperature throughout the day while ensuring a quality sheet of ice. Since the installation of the De-OX System, there has been a noticeable decrease in our energy bills resulting in savings to both the environment and our bottom line.
Coaches, players and staff have had positive comments regarding ice conditions since the installation of the De-OX Ice System."
- Rob Hartnett - Town of Markham
“It’s better for the players and gives our team home ice advantage. We reduced our water temperature by more than 70 degrees which gave us the ability to build ice faster at higher ice temperatures. It also gives us the ability to keep our lines and logos much clearer with a faster freeze time between periods. The harder ice and less snow development shows well with faster skating and better puck control.”
“We now have an improved ice surface, which reduced our manual labour; it improved our ice resurfacing, due to the reduction in cuts, ruts, and snow.”
“This is the best ice we’ve ever skated on.”
- Gord Bashford - Barrie Molson Centre
“After installing the JJE De-OX Ice Making System at the LBR Arena in Fredericton, NB, we noticed the following:
Because the system effectively removes all gas without the need to first heat the flood water, we are seeing a dense, clear and playable sheet of ice. It is also an ice-surface that sets-up quicker after each flood, due to the use of room-temperature water.
By not having to heat the water up before each flood and reducing compressor run-time, we are meeting our City’s goal of reducing our carbon footprint. All while still making ice that is ideal for our ice-skating sports. Because we no longer need to heat the water or run the compressors as long as we used to, the De-OX System has saved us well over $2,000 per month in natural gas and electricity costs.
The De-OX achieves excellent ice quality, decreased cost and reduced environmental impact. I highly recommend that all our City rinks be flooded this way”.
- Jihad El Zamer, City of Fredericton Energy Analyst
Ready to upgrade? Get our best.